Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Most Fun You Can Have (Knitting A Sock)

Our Twisty Toe-Up Tube Sock class is coming up on Sunday, September 19 from 10am-12pm, which gives me an opportunity to write a little ode to these awesomely fun socks. Okay, I'm biased. I designed these socks earlier this spring, and I am in love. It's not like I thought making heels in socks was that onerous, but not making heels in socks is surprisingly great!

Look how fun:


And these:


Here's beautiful Cortez who took my class this summer with her nearly-finished pair:


Another great thing about these socks is that, because they're toe-up, once you're past the toe it's just round and round and round. The twisty rib pattern keeps your interest and makes for a nice snug fit as well.

Here are Ann's, who also took my summer class (I love how she didn't fuss with trying to make them exactly identical):


Here are Lisa's, in a little more masculine colorway:


Though we'll be making socks in fingering weight in the class, the pattern is written for sport and worsted weight yarns as well, in sizes ranging from baby to adult.

Interested? I hope so! Call the store at 215-242-1271 to sign up.

No comments: