Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sundress for Lauren

Hot off the press. Whew! And just in time for 90 degree weather.

I have been promising Lauren something knitted for much too long. Second child syndrome, you know. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to knit her a tank top (short and sweet, job done) Well then the tank top turned into a dress. Not so short but very, very sweet.

Lauren just loves it. She's actually a little annoyed with me because I stole her dress from the closet to photograph and put on display for a time.

Any tank top pattern will do. This one took 2 skeins of Cotton Classic and only a yard of cotton fabric. Catherine from Fabrics on the Hill was so helpful in choosing the fabric. Thanks Catherine. The biggest investment was time which I forgot all about the minute that Lauren tried it on.














No comments: