Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Inspirational Knitting

Here is a truly inspiration story emailed to us recently.
Thanks Virginia




Hello,

Here is a picture of a wig I knit for a friend. And here's the story behind it:

A friend's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. Around Christmas she had the great idea to knit wigs in bright colors and have her family wear them for a day to show support for their mother. Since it was so close to the holiday's, I told her I would help her. She got several people from across the country to help her too. Five wigs were made in total. This is a picture of myself wearing the wig I knit and sent by over night mail on Dec. 22 ( so it would be at their house in Wyoming by Christmas Day). Her mother really enjoyed the wigs and loves the creativity that went into making them.

Thanks for all the help from the wonderful ladies at The Tangled Web who helped me to complete this!

Peace-
Virginia Lee McLean











No comments: